Ashes to Ashes David Bowie Experience - ADELAIDE FRINGE REVIEW

10 Mar 2019

Scaled received 167077937513467



Any Bowie lover (myself included) NEEDS to put on their red shoes and dance the blues all the way down to Ashes to Ashes - The David Bowie Experience. 

Before going to Ashes to Ashes, performed by the Bewlay Brothers, I thought the experience would go one of two ways: it would either be really good... or really bad to the point of it BEING good.

I'm extremely so surprised at how beyond GOOD the show was, despite my initial skeptical beliefs. 

Watching David Bowie songs being performed live by an obviously seasoned and professional band was quite the entertaining experience.  Being an audience member, you could feel the vibrating energy of excitement and happiness inside the Grand Central Showroom.

An age range fairing mainly 40+ the entire crowd was toe-tapping and singing along to hits like We Can Be Heroes and Starman - the absolute Bowie classics. 

Lead singer, Paul Matthews, has a beautiful voice that is so similar to Mr. Jones' himself, it's eerie. And the lead guitarist, Mat Way, absolutely BLEW ME AWAY with his expert riffs that elevated the performance to a whole nother level. 

The only downfall of the evening was the set being cut short for running overtime. I would have happily had stayed another hour on top of the already completed set to continue and enjoy the stellar band (and I know they have two sets being FIVE HOURS LONG!). I guess that means I'm just going to have to go to their next show again!

The Ashes to Ashes Fringe show was able to not only deliver a 10/10 performance, but they really did give the audience a unique Bowie experience, which I think is something that not many can execute well, if not at all. I can't help but give this show...

5 out of 5 stars

Post a Comment