BALTIMÖRE RELEASES EP 'METAMORPHOSIS'

5 Dec 2018


Written by Ashlee Dignon (Elevate Music)

Aussie based singer-songwriter and producer, Baltimöre, has officially released her highly anticipated EP, Metamorphosis, just one year after her explosive Falls Festival performance in 2017.

Named after Frank Kafka’s classic slipstream novella, Metamorphosis gives us moody and reflective vibes that exhibit the level of sophistication and complexity behind the artist herself.

The twenty-four-year-old has recently been able to create three smash hits that officially made their debut on the Soundcloud platform, Monday night.


If you're about to jump onto Baltimöre's Soundcloud, get ready to be immersed and overwhelmed by the sheer quality and creativity of this artists growingly popular content.

Over the last six months, Elevate Music has had the pleasure of attending a handful of the Electronic-pop artist's stellar shows and we can't get enough!

Here's what BALTIMÖRE had to say...

ELEVATE: How would you describe your sound and who inspires you?
Baltimöre: I'd say it's quite dark emotional-pop.

My music is a way of dealing with the changes in my life and growing up, so my personal experiences tend to have a strong influence on my sound.
I’ve always been inspired by artists such as Prince, Banks, Marvin Gaye, Tracy Chapman, Radiohead, J.S. Bach, FKA Twigs, Timberland, Ani Lou, and many, many more...

ELEVATE: How long have you been producing music?
Baltimöre: I have been producing music since I was 14 on a program called FL Studio.

Looking back, I used to think I was amazing, at the time but I listen to the tracks now and I just think, that ain't cool! [Laughing]



ELEVATE: Well you've obviously come a long way then! How do you feel your sound has developed looking back to when you were starting out?
Baltimöre: I think it changes with certain relationships I go through with certain people that I meet and situations that I've been thrown into, whether that was self-inflicted or, I don't know… Music is definitely a way of dealing with my growing pains.


"My music is a way of dealing with the changes
in my life and growing up"

ELEVATE: For you personally, what's it like being a part of the Adelaide music scene?
Baltimöre: I love it! I've met so many wonderful people and I've made so many treasured friends. Adelaide is where I belong.

ELEVATE: What was it like collaborating with Pink Wasabi? And are you planning to collaborate with anyone else in the future?
Baltimöre: Yeah, she's really cool! She's got a really different sound and our styles seem to work really well together.

At the moment I'm working on a video and single release with, Jess from China Roses, and I've also been collaborating with Daarsya which has been really fun.


Pink Wasabi and Baltimore

ELEVATE: Thanks so much for catching up with our team, and we can’t wait to hear what you have in store for us in 2019!

Baltimöre: Thank you!

In previous interviews with the ELEVATE, it has been suggested that Metamorphosis may be a 'warm-up' for something bigger for fans to look forward to next year!


To listen to Metamorphosis you can tune in on Soundcloud and stay up to date with the latest news you can follow Baltimöre on Facebook and Instagram

Post a Comment