Me Now Generation 2 Liquid Lipglosses

25 Aug 2015


I have some great news for us all, have you been on the lookout for a great product, that has a huge range of colours and (most importantly) is cheap, like me? Well it's my pleasure to introduce you to Me Now Generation 2 Long Lasting Lipgloss.

Firstly, although the name makes it seem like this is a basic gloss (Which thanks to Australis, I'm already covered with) It in no way is one. A more accurate description is a Long Lasting Matte Lipstick, and I really mean that, this is the longest lasting and most matte kiss-proof lipstick I've used so far! These products are comparable to the Stila Stay All Day or the Rimmel Provocalips matte lipsticks that I both have (Yet to be honest, I'm loving Me Now more). And how cute is this packaging!

I came across these cute little lipsticks from some lovely ladies who shared their experiences with the readers over at r/AustralianMakeup and r/MakeUpAddiction. Fair to say the swatches spiked my interest, especially this one.

Credit: /u/Pandarmonium

So I jumped on board the 'Me Now' train and grabbed a couple of colours from the eBay seller greenlans2014. My favourite thing about these lipsticks at this stage you ask? For only $1.30 each and free shipping, I couldn't dream of picking up anything similar at my local Priceline anywhere near that cheap price tag. 

The shipping is slow-ish, but for free shipping, I was prepared to wait the 20 days it took to arrive and I've been playing with them since I ripped open the packaging yesterday afternoon. Here's what I have to say:

The colours I purchased were 
#01, #02, #05, #07, #10, #12, #15, #19, #31, #34, #35
Numbered colours in order

I wanted to really expand my collection, so I got everything from deep reds, to slight oranges, browns and statement pinks. I recommend applying in thin layers, as some colours are opaque, and adding layers after each one has fully dried. Some of the colours dried a little tacky, but can be easily fixed with a tiny dusting of translucent powder to set the colour. Once dry, I barely notice the colour on my lips, it feels extremely light and natural, and doesn't dry out your lips after removal.
Dry swatches with 2 layers in Natural Light
Swatches with Flash

It does take a little bit of work to remove your matte lipstick at the end of the day, I would recommend coconut oil or almond oil (I've found that eye make-up remover works too!)
Lip swatches:
Top #02
Bottom #05


My favourite colours from the haul are #02, #05, #07 and #35.

The biggest negative for me is that Me Now products are made in China, a country where cosmetic testing on animals was once mandatory, and is still highly encouraged. I personally only buy cruelty-free products and although there's no information stating that Me Now does, I know to keep an eye in the future and make informed decisions about my purchases.

As well as trying out Me Now, I gathered all my old and new colours and brought them together to catalogue my collection. I am constantly forgetting what kind of colours I have, so when Mascarateer came up with this brilliant idea and provided lip vectors, I had to jump to try it. Although the swatches may not be true to colour when placing on white paper, it sure has put into perspective the colours I have, and hopefully will encourage me to wear my collection more frequently.

So much fun! I hope you've enjoyed my lipstick review and encouraged some of my readers to look into Me Now Lipsticks!

What's your favourite lip product?

*I was not paid or incentivised by any third party to publish this post*

Post a Comment