Adelaide SA, Australia

A SIMPLE FAVOUR MOVIE REVIEW

27 Sept 2018


First things first, with full transparency. I LOVE Blake Lively, so my review of this new hit film is completely biased and I DO NOT CARE. I follow approximately 8 Blake Lively fan accounts, and this steady stream on Blake x A Simple Favour content coming through my newsfeed made me enormously excited to see this new drama/thriller.

Featuring Anna Kendrick as a sweet, whole-hearted Mummy Vlogger (on-brand), Stephanie meets Emily Nelson (Blake Lively) through their two sons becoming fast kindergarden friends (scandalous). 

Automatically seduced by Emily's 'give no fucks' attitude and flashy life ( huge house, high-rise job in PR - again, on-brand), their friendship begins on an almost perfect mix of sweet and spicy. 


Then Emily goes missing.

Without giving away major movie spoilers, A Simple Favour mixes genuinely interesting character developments with a plot twist that not even I could spot from 3/4's into the film. If you're looking for a Saturday night flick that will check every box of substance you're seeking in a movie - we've hit the jackpot.

For a disclaimer, in comparison to other leading lady films that boast depth but bring shallow female friendships - I personally feel like this movie was created as a movie. Not just an excuse to have two females prancing around the silver screen to fill Hollywood's "funny women" quota.

If the enticing plot isn't enough to get you over the line... the fashion is. Lively's array of beautiful suits and outfits will be. Lively's film publicity tour outfits has sparked a whole new Pinterest board (made by me), and has given me Adelaide Fashion Festival red carpet vibes all month. 

I highly recommend going to see A Simple Favour. 5/5 stars.


Post a Comment