FOREVER 39 STARRING AMITY DRY FRINGE REVIEW

7 Mar 2018



An absolute vision in a navy blue sequin dress (I'm 99% sure I have the sister design of her gown), Amity ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT. Forever 39 exceeded my expectations and introduced me to a way of thinking I previously had never considered.

Although I didn't quote get all of the 80's/90's references (I got called out mid-show for being TOO YOUNG haha), my guest, friend and neighbour Lisa who's close to Amity's age was laughing and singing along with the show and the rest of the audience. 

One of the biggest messages that I personally related to is when you're older and those 'youthful' attributes fade like being beautiful and skinny, flirty, perky and full of life, you're left reevaluating who you are because so much has changed. But when you're young and do possess those attributes that society is constantly pressuring us to obtain, you feel like that is only what you're good for, and it's easy to lose yourself completely in that image.

I found it just a liiiittttlllee bit annoying having Amity rave on about how it SUCKS being older and how much a toll age has on you when SHE IS GORGEOUS. If I could look half as beautiful as she does even now I would be happy. Botox or no botox, she's a vision (and an amazing entertainer, a great mother, a killer singer, etc, etc, etc, I could go on FOREVER!)

Amity's gained a new fan in me and I'm already looking forward to her return to the Fringe. Her song selection was hilarious with the altered lyrics and her star presence on stage is blinding.


5 STARS

Post a Comment